Here is a great post from Shani aka NicoleJvon:
Originally posted on my yahoo group: Networking Black Women Who Work At Home
1st I suggest you build a website. If you don¢t have one and would like one for free with your own domain name I suggest you go here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officelive/default.aspx this is a good way to attract customers via the web. People usually want something to look at.
Here is something else I found helpful
1. Create the best content you can with the best products you can possibly offer. Your content is your best advertisement - if visitors love your content, then they will go back and spread the word to others.
2. Make it easy for users to recommend your site. Viral marketing is very important -- and easy to tap on the Web. But give your users the tools. Get a Recommend this Site script from websites such as cgiscripts.com and similar directories of scripts. Some even go as far as giving incentives to those who recommend the site to their friends. If only 10 people go to your site, but these 10 people invite 10 more - that's additional traffic that you get for FREE!
3. Rank well in the search engines (organic search results, not the pay per click). SEs can be a big source of traffic. The key is to create the best content in your niche. If you have good content, other websites will gladly link to you and offer your site as a resource to their audience. Check the on-page factors and be sure to get linked from authority sites in your topic area.
If you are going to read only one piece on search engine optimization, I suggest you read Brett Tabke of WebmasterWorld.com's "Successful Site in 12 Months with Google Alone: 26 steps to 15k a day." http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum3/2010.htm
4. Send out press releases. While outfits charge as much as $650 per release, there are free press release submission places on the Web. Press releases allow you to (a) attract media attention; (b) get more back links to your website without sending each website an email request; and (c) get more visibility especially if your press release gets in Google News or Yahoo News. You can send your press release via our Press Release Submission Form
5. Submit articles. Write articles and submit them to websites accepting author submissions. You get exposure for your business; establishes you as an authority in your field, and allows you to get back links for your website. If 50 websites publish your article and it contains a link back to your website, then you easily get 50 links from a single article. The more links you have, the greater your chances for increasing your search engine rankings.
6. Improve your conversion. Getting visitors is one thing; getting them to buy your products is a whole different story. Read the article "10 Ways to Convert Visitors to Buyers" for tips on how to improve your conversion rates.
7. Syndicate your content. You can auto-pilot your marketing and attract visitors every time you update your content via RSS feeds. Or if you have a blog, you can use it to draw customers repeatedly to your website. Bookmark our Resources for Marketing Your Blogs and RSS Feeds to help you spread the word about your RSS feeds or blog.
- Craigslist http://www.craigslist.com
- Google Base http://base.google.com
- Classifieds for Free http://www.classifiedsforfree.com/
- Text Link Exchange http://www.txtswap.com/
- Recycler.com http://www.recycler.com/
- Yahoo Classifieds http://classifieds.yahoo.com/
Free Ads http://www.usfreeads.com/ US
Let me know if any of this helps
Shani aka NicoleJvon
Reddi Business Solutions
Better Solutions for Better Business
Like this post? Join the Group: Networking Black Women Who Work At Home
Do Check Out My:
Black Business E-Books | Black Business Books | Sistas Making Money on Myspace | Sistapreneur Social Group