The Black Banner Rotator

Sunday, October 16, 2005

What does it take?

I found this great post by Sandra, about What it takes to be a successful black business person. It's always nice to get inspiration from those who came before us.

How can I keep going?
Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there's love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong. --Ella Fitzgerald, 1987

But what If I'm not that good?
I made the most of my ability and I did my best with my title.--Joe Louis, 1964

If only I knew the secret:
There are no secrets to success: Don't waste time lookin for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence. Colin Powell, 1989

It's too hard:
Great careers don't come without sacrifice. Something in your life will probably have to go. Decide, now, what you're willing to forfeit to get what you want.--Cydney and Leslie Shields, 1993

They make it look it so easy:
Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work.--Booker T. Washington, 1901

But I've been through so much:
You can't look forward and backward at the same time. --Coleman Young

So why do I keep doing it?
I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me--like food or water. --Ray Charles, 1978


Post from: News, resources and more for your black business *Support Sandra's site, because she made it to support you. Enjoy :)

0 comments:

The Black Banner Rotator

Black Entrepreneurs Online: Recent Posts

Black Entrepreneurs Online: Recent Comments

SistaSense: How to Make Money on the Internet

Black Business Networks, Tips, and Tools...